12.11.2010

Homemade Holiday: Day 3

I went a little crazy this year making preserves and jams. There was strawberry, pear, apple, fig, and peach. I needed a way to dress them up a little (OK, maybe a lot) to give them as holiday gifts. Check this out!

applebutter1

I started by gluing a strip of ribbon to the jar ring. (Make sure you only glue it to the ring. Otherwise, you’ve just teased your recipient with a jar of homemade preserves they can’t open!) Next I glued on some button right on top of the ribbon. Easy so far, right?

You could end there. But, really, why would you? (hee hee)

Next, I used a Papertrey Ink 3x3 vanilla envelope, added a notecard inside, stamped a Hero Arts background image on the front, added a circle stamped image on top of that, punched 2 holes in the top of the envelope and secured it to the jar with some adorable ribbon.

Whew! Now THAT’s a decorated jar of homemade preserves!

applebutter2

Enjoy! Tomorrow, I will post a couple of easy, cute holiday cards.

Traci

1 comment:

* said...

Love it..

Post a Comment