10.20.2010

Notepads

Michelle Wooderson is the queen of notepads. All hail to the queen :) They are fun to do, easy, and are inexpensive gifts! I tried my hand at them recently and here's the result:

It turned out great! I used Amy Butler paper from K&Co, PTI stamps, a felt flower from Creative Imaginations, and PTI ribbon. TIP: double sided patterned paper works best for this project.

Then I took it up a notch...and used fabric instead of paper!! Fabric will be so much more durable than paper. Just imagine that notepad above being in your purse for a while and what it would look like. Fabric makes sense, huh? Here's what I did:

Download the template Nichole Heady provided here. NOTE: this template is sized too small, so increase the widths and lengths by at least 1/4 inch on each side. How do I know that? That's the "Live and Learn" part of crafting I talked about last week.


I cut and scored my template, then sprayed it with some strong spray adhesive. I layed the fabric over it and smoothed out all the wrinkles. Move quickly before it dries! Then I used Scor-tape to fold the fabric down on the inside.

The only part I need to worry about covering up is the left side. I cut a piece of green cardstock to size and adhered it down with Scor-tape. You see where I put Scor-tape on the curved piece (which will be a pocket?) I wasn't thinking and had to take the tape off the curve. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to use it as a pocket. (Live and Learn concept again.) So... just put tape at the bottom of the pocket and adhere down.

The notepad will get adhered with Scor-Tape to the right side. Don't be stingy with the Scor-tape. You DO NOT want it to come out.


Voila! A very cute and giftable notepad. Fabric is by Kate Spain. All other supplies are Papertrey Ink (Take Note), large scallop die with Simply Chartreuse felt, ribbon. Til next time,

Traci

1 comment:

texaslady said...

That is so darn cute I'm bookmarking this page TFS.

Post a Comment