9.28.2010

Amy Butler Fabric: Project 1

I fell in love with some Amy Butler fabric a year ago. I feel like swimming in it. Have you ever seem a piece of patterned paper or fabric you've felt like that about? I know you have! I've used this fabric for three projects. For the next three days, I'll show how I've used it.

Want to know what you can do with 2 yards of fabric? Lots! Here's project one:



  • I purchased 2 small canvases from a craft store.
  • I measured the canvases, then cut my fabric out (add 3 inches on each side to your measurements).
  • I stitched buttons onto the fabric as the flower centers to add some dimension.
  • Spray some repositionable adhesive on the canvases.
  • Lay the fabric down on the canvas. You have to do this carefully and work out any wrinkles. Pin in place.
  • Fold the fabric to the back and use your my handy dandy staple gun to secure the fabric.

I don't know if you can tell in this photo, but the blue in the fabric matches my wall color exactly! Love it when that happens. This is a really neat project for any room of your house. And it's so inexpensive, you can change your decor often.

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you a purse I made with the same fabric. Til then,

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment