9.23.2010

Easy Gift Bags

One of my favorite easy crafts is making cute gift bags out of inexpensive kraft bags. You can get a pack of 12 kraft bags at Michael's for around $5. For those of you who are math-challenged like me, that's $.42 each! (yes, I used a calculator.)

I taught a little workshop last night on gift bags and here are some of the projects we did:

Just punch circles from that stack of patterned paper you have (I know you do!), attach a quote sticker and you're done.


Patterned paper and stamps (from Papertrey Ink) make this bag completely giftable for any occasion.


This goes to show you that a kraft bag CAN be elegant. I die cut a wool felt (I LOVE that stuff) mat and stamped a simple sentiment and a couple flourishes. Don't forget that felt adds such warmth to any project - even paper projects. My favorite thing about this project? I can use it for a guy or gal.


Here, I cut a piece of solid red fabric and frayed each side for a rustic feel for the mat. Using my Cricut Imagine machine, I print and cut those holly leaves. Then I used a small circle punch to punch a couple of pink berries. Added some clear glitter for some pizazz and an old clothespin to complete the homespun look of this bag.

Creatively yours,

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment